Sunday, April 20, 2008

Owen's Crash

Owen hurt his head the other day. On Friday afternoon I was watching Trent and Tiffany's baby (who is so cute and so good) I had just finished feeding her and I laid her on the floor for some belly time, when Owen decided to jump off the arm of the couch toward the table. He nailed his head directly on the corner of the table. I went to get him and blood was everywhere! I did not know what to do, plus I kind of freak out at situations like this. Luckily Trent came to pick up Madison and he calmed me down pretty good. I tried to call Johnny, but he wouldn't answer his phone since he was in the middle of treating a patient. I tried to call again and he didn't answer me, so I took a picture and texted it to John. He didn't call me back so I tried again and then I called the front desk. Johnny came home and took care of Owen. We took him to the Doctors office. They didn't give him stitches because it was more of a gash and not a cut. So they cleaned it really well and then taped it up and put a bandaid on it. He cried for like an hour straight. It was really sad for both of us. It was perfect timing too because the next day was picture day. I was joking around with my mom saying he is just like me, because when I was younger I would always hurt my face right before family picture day. Luckily Heather is a professional on Photoshop and she can fix all of the pictures to look like this day never happened. Ok so the pictures don't look like it is too bad, and luckily it wasn't too bad, but it is pretty deep.



He was pretty happy about the Nemo bandaid. Anytime he sees it in the mirror he sings/chants "Nemo is on my head" it is pretty funny. Oh and he is milking it for all its worth. The other day he was being mean to Paige so after I asked him to stop 3 times I told him to go to time out and he told me "no it will hurt my head" I thought it was pretty funny so I gave him one more chance to be nice to Paige so he didn't have to go to time out. Oh and he is doing so good with his potty training. The day that he hurt himself he stayed in the same pair of underwear the whole day. Even when he was crying for the hour he went on the toilet and stayed dry. I am so happy that he is doing so well with it.

11 comments:

Dani said...

Boys will be boys, eh? Glad the Nemo bandaid worked it's magic. Carter would be jealous... he loves Nemo!

Joel and Kristie said...

Poor baby! It's so sad to see them in pain and crying, but it's good to see him smiling in the end!!

Reagan and Mike said...

I'm so glad he's ok! I would have a fit. k blogg off is off. Mike takes my computer everyday and i'm pissed. I'll try to step it up but we'll have to pospone for now.

Sarah Turpin said...

I was so sad when I hear the news. Our little owen. We are not looking forward to moments like these. They happen to everyone. But you handled it like a champ!

Trevor and Holly said...

So sad!! I totally freak out in situations like that, we have had a few in our days!! I just don't do blood!! Good job with the potty training!! We are working on Porter but we have yet to get him to even go once on the potty, he will wait till nap or bed for the night. Your kids are so cute!! We miss you guys, too!! When do you think you will be in town again? I checked out your digital scrapbook, sooo cute, you are so good!!

Trevor and Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessie said...

i saw his little nemo bandaid on sunday! now i know why! oh, poor baby

Tiffany said...

He told us about "Nemo on my head" about 100 or 105 times on Sunday-too cute! But so scary when you see all that blood huh? Luckily it wasn't too bad and he didn't have to get stitches-and you don't even notice at all on the pics that Heather has posted on her blog-that turned out beautiful by the way-you look great!

Natalie Hall said...

Hi Jada
I just was reading my nephews blog and their 2 year old jumped and landed on there new baby that is about 2 monthes old. It broke her eve socket and they had to do surgery. You think these little kids are undestructable but sometimes I guess they're not. Cute little family oops I just remembered I'm signed in as Natalie this is acturally Sidney Madsen

Jenni said...

poor owen! i can't believe how big he is! paige too. she's adorable by the way. hope you guys are doing well! miss ya!

Katie said...

poor owen. he not only takes after you, but he also sounds like he takes after his dad. hasn't johnny pretty much broken or hurt every bone in his body? hope you are doing great. we miss you!