This is the event all the McFarlane's look forward to as soon as it ends! Every year Pat and Corla take us to Cannon Beach. We love being there! This year was a little different, my father-in-law was not feeling well so they couldn't make it. It wasn't quite the same without them there, we all missed Grandma and Grandpa Mac. We did have fun though, and we made so many great memories! Owen lost his first tooth! He didn't even know it was loose until 2 minutes before it came out. Chaney laughed a real laugh while we were there and all of us got along so well! The boys went crabbing and caught 15! They stuffed themselves that night! We had the best weather while we were there, it didn't rain on us until the day we were leaving and then it started to sprinkle. Paige was glued to my sister-in-law Amy the whole time and was really sad to leave. Sybil was at a great age for the beach, but she is such a girl that she hates being dirty or wet, so whenever she got wet we would have to go straight back to the house and get all warm and cozy!
This is something I always want to remember: When we said good bye and were in the car on the road, Owen noticed Paige was crying. It was a soft sad cry and so he said "Paige why are you crying" Paige turned her head and looked out the window and said "I'm not I am just looking out the window" but she had tears streaming down her face. I immediately started tearing up and I am sure that Johnny is too macho to admit it made him teary a little too. Owen said "I know it is sad to leave Paige, but we can't stay there forever" Then Paige decided she wasn't going to try and hide it any more, she lost it. It was quite sad. I loved seeing how sweet Owen is to Paige and how he tried to make her feel better. I think that my kids are all so wonderful! I hopped in the back and hugged Paige until she was feeling ok about leaving and then I let Johnny know that we are going to have tons of times dealing with 3 girls and their emotions :)
We are already looking forward to next year, the kids keep asking me how much longer until Cannon Beach! We know that next year is going to be even better! Thanks for the great time Pat and Corla! We love you!
13 years ago





3 comments:
Jada you made me tear up too! It was so much fun. Love the pictures too. We miss everyone so much! What cute kids you have. Don't let me grow up too fast
I wanna hug them all!
looks like fun! i miss cannon beach!
Post a Comment