Thursday, January 8, 2009

4 Years

A couple weeks ago was our 4 year anniversary!  I have loved being married to my handsome Johnny.  We celebrated by going to the Mesa Arizona temple (where we got married) and then out to eat to the same place we had our wedding luncheon.  It was kind of bitter sweet because the next day Johnny was off to Texas for 2 weeks.  I have really missed him and the kids have really missed him.  He is working hard over there so we can survive for the next few months before he gets licensed. I am so happy that Johnny picked me to spend eternity with, and I look forward to it.  I don't have any pictures of us on our anniversary, but I will put a few pictures of us through our 4 years. I may be missing a couple years.  We are not in a house yet so I have to work with the pictures my mom has on her computer.    


This is our wedding day at my house.
This is actually the day before our wedding in front of the Mesa, Arizona Temple
This was our 3rd date.  I invited him to our family reunion Lagoon day.  Everyone loved Johnny right away and it was a great idea to bring him along.
The next two pictures are us when we were dating, it was right before Thanksgiving of 04' he was getting ready to go to Spokane to be with his family and I was staying in AZ.  It was a sad day. The second picture is us at the airport saying goodbye.  We were trying to make frowny faces, but it didn't really work.  

The next three are our engagement pictures.

Heather took this picture for us when Owen was about 6 months old.
We took a trip to Seattle to visit Nate and Amy and we got to drive our van on the beach.
This is Johnny and me visiting The Spokane Falls.
This is Johnny's 26th birthday (almost 1 year ago exactly) 
This was right before we moved to Arizona.  I can't find any graduation pictures right now, but you get the point.
Life has been so great with Johnny and there are many reasons why I married him. He has made me so happy and is the best husband and father.  I really miss him and can't wait until he gets back Tuesday night! 

10 comments:

NACJMAC said...

So fun to see the flashback photos! You guys are so cute. I'm sad we didn't get to see you before the move. We'll just have to come down there :) Hope you're doing well back "home". Love you guys!

Dani said...

Thanks for sharing your little journey via pictures. They are so cute. It's amazing how much you two look exactly the same as four years ago! (that's a good thing, by the way). We need some more pictures and posts about life down in AZ. Hope you are enjoying some sun for us!

Sarah Turpin said...

congrats!! and i love the pictures. I love your dark hair and have gotten use to it I forgot about your light hair you had for so long/

Trevor and Holly said...

Cute pictures!! How are you holding up without Johnny? I know it isn't very much fun with him being gone, I hope your getting lots of help from your family while you are so pregnant, it's kind of hard to believe because I have not seen a picture of you with a "REAL" pregnant belly!! :) I can't believe how tiny you stay!! I wish you and the kids could be here with Johnny, that would have been fun for us!! Take care!! Holls

Schomaker's said...

He is such a good guy!

Jessie said...

I love looking at pictures of couples from when they first met! When John and I got married Digital cameras werent really around, so I dont have that many pictures :(
Dani is right, you do look pretty much the exact same!
Congrats on 4 years!

The Swanson Family said...

congrats guys! hope your time apart passes quickly and your back in each other's arms soon! with love, swanson's

Heather Palmer said...

That was a fun little post! Happy Anniversary!

Dani said...

Hey, will you text me your new phone number again? I didn't save it in my phone and now that text is long gone. Thanks!

Lisa said...

Crazy how fast time flies, huh? Congrats!! How is the last stretch going? Has this been a good pregnancy for you? Have you picked out any names yet? The kids are getting so big and cute! It's funny that you each have a mini version of yourselves.