Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas and Sick Sybil

We had a wonderful Christmas together!  Owen woke up the earliest at 6:45 and then we went in to wake the girls up.  The kids tore through their presents and loved everything!  It was suprising to them what Santa knew they would love, even without them writing it in their lists :)  Owen's main present was his soccer nets and Paige's were her silly bands, Sybil got a dolly.  We are so thankful for the Christmas season, and for the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ!  What a wonderful thing to celebrate!


On Sunday Sybil started feeling a little under the weather, nothing too out of the ordinary in fact we went to Sacrament meeting and then Johnny took her home during nursery so we wouldn't pass it along to anyone.  On Monday things got worse.  She woke up and didn't want to eat anything and was so sleepy.  She slept all day long.  I just let her sleep knowing she must have needed it.  She only woke up a few times here and there and the longest period of time that she was awake she only lasted about 15 minutes.  I was monitoring her and was pretty concerned with the amount of energy it took for her to breath.  I kept an eye on her until Johnny got home from work and then I had him check her out.  He was pretty concerned about her breathing too and got on the internet to compare symptoms.  We continued to monitor her and she wasn't doing any better.  Her fever was up to 102 so we gave her more Tylenol and after 30 minutes checked again and her fever was up to 103.  Johnny and I got done saying our prayers and immediately we both looked at each other and said that she had to go to the ER.  Johnny is the best husband/dad in the world and took her in.  He kept me updated with picture messages and texts all night.  When they got her in the doctors thought that she might have RSV so they gave her a breathing treatment and then took chest X-Rays.  They discovered that she had Pneumonia.  They hooked her up to an IV and then put her and Johnny in an ambulance to send them to the near by Children's Hospital.  I was a nervous wreck all night, but I had to stay with the kids.  Once they both woke up I got them ready and took them to my moms.  Johnny and I stayed all day with Sybil.  She was so sick at first and through out the day we could see her come back to life.  She even asked for crackers around noon!  She loved looking out the window at the water fountain and seeing the birds take a bath in it.  She was doing so well by the end of the day that we were released and are back home.  She is doing great!  I am so thankful to my loving Heavenly Father who has blessed us.  His spirit directed us in what to do for our little girl and I know that her recovery was quicker because we heeded the promptings to take her in when we did.  I am also thankful for wonderful doctors and nurses!

The pictures of her grumpy were at the beginning of the day and then she started getting happier.  She did so good not using her left arm (with the IV in) The bottom left picture was our game we played where she sorted the gummy bears out by color, she is so smart! and the bottom right picture was us leaving)  It was a very interesting way to spend our 6 year anniversary!  It will definitely be memorable!

5 comments:

Sarah Turpin said...

Love the christmas pics and those pictures of sweet sybil are priceless. And I have to be honest this post makes me want to start digital scrapbooking. Im so so far behind like coming on 2 years! any who glad Christmas was great. We really missed you guys, and Im so glad sybil is feeling better

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

You had me worried in the beginning of your post, so glad she is home!

Dani said...

First off... when in the world did your hair get so long?! That didn't even look like you. I definitely love the shorter on you. Looks great!
And poor Sybil! What a scary time. So glad for spiritual promptings!

The Swanson Family said...

oh sybil!!!!! i am so happy she is doing well again... what a yucky couple of days! she got her mama and papa all to herself though... just what she needed!! way to go mom and dad. hug her for us!
merry christmas!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh- that is so scary! I'm so glad Sybil is ok now. Looks like you had a fun Christmas. I'm glad you got to see Holly.
Um, I cannot believe how tiny your little belly is! Oh, and cute hair- you look great with short hair!