Sunday, October 12, 2008

A real update and Owen's Dump Truck

OWEN- has been a little sad that his friends Jordan and Jayci moved away, but he is finally realizing that they really are not home.  He talks about them, but does not ask for them to come over or for him to go over ther.  It was a hard first week without our friends, but it is getting better.  
PAIGE- When we were in AZ Paige had a pretty high fever for a couple days and then once we got back home she broke out in a rash.  Mother-in-law and I took her to the doctors office and they diagnosed her with Hand Foot Mouth Disease.  The rash was all over, but the worst was on her face.  It was pretty sad looking, but she acted normal, so it wasn't to bad.  Now she is doing well and she has almost 9 teeth!  
JOHNNY- Is so happy to be done with classes.  He went golfing on Monday to celebrate that he is done.  He is a great Dad and an even better husband!
JADA- I am feeling the baby move more and more, but she really doesn't move as much as I remember Owen and Paige moving.  Maybe it is just too early.  





So for the longest time we have had a huge toy dump truck,  I told Owen that if he would sleep in his bed all night long and not on Mommy's floor then he could have it.  I bought the truck about a month and a half ago to use at Haley Egberts baby shower.  Well I kind of wanted it to be brand new so that we could serve dirt cake out of it at the baby shower, but I figured it would be lined anyways so if Owen slept in his bed all night I would give it to him.  Well Owen every night would come and sleep on our floor and we would tell him that he can't have the dump truck and he would tell us that he doesn't care.  The night after the baby shower was over, Owen slept all night in his OWN bed! It was so much fun to let him finally play with the dump truck that has been sitting in our garage for almost 2 months!  Johnny got some cute pictures of the kids playing in it this morning while he let me sleep in.  I know I have the best husband in the world!  

8 comments:

mattnalisa said...

Owen and Paige are so cute and they look like they are having so much fun playing together!! Congrats to Johnny about being done with classes!

Tiffany said...

Cute! I am glad Paige is feeling better-my nephew got that-yuck!

NACJMAC said...

Love those "teefers"! I'm sad about her little rash and stuff, but glad it's over! Missing you all. We're trying to figure a trip soon. We have lots of boxes for you if you want them. Congrats John!

Devin & Ruthann said...

Oh cute! Jaxon has that truck and LOVES it. We had to make it an outside only toy b/c he would push it all over the house and bang it into walls and put holes in they drywall!

And, Owen sleeps on your floor? So does Jaxon! We put him to bed in his own bed and he stays there until about 3 or 4 in the morning when he wakes up and lays on the floor next to our bed. It drives me crazy b/c I don't know why he does it and how to make him stay in his bed!

Sarah Turpin said...

i am happy for the update and I love the pictures! But i need to see a picture of you and your cute belly

Katie said...

lily has been finding our floor during the middle of the night for about 1 month now. i don't think a dump truck would solve this problem...but maybe a pedicure:) your kids are so adorable.

The Chambers Family said...

Owen, sorry we made you miserable by taking your friends away. If it makes you feel better Jordan still plans on marrying you!

Heather Palmer said...

We need to get Owen & Nixon together. We keep saying it. We need to do it. Sorry...when I'm not super busy I'm super lazy to make up for it. :) Call me and we'll let them play!